Importance of Home Nursing Care Services For Elders
All of us experience stressful times whenever a loved one of ours is in the hospital. To help ease the added stress is why many healthcare facilities have started to provide in-home nursing care services. It is often observed that many people heal and recover sooner and in a better manner when they are in the comfortable and familiar setting of their home.
With the advancement in technology and services, we can now find a comprehensive spectrum of health treatments, be it for a loved one of yours who is recovering from a protracted illness, or a major treatment like post having surgery. There are numerous advantages of home care services including cost-effectiveness as well as saving time as compared to hospital visits. Every patient who needs care can receive expert care at their convenience in the comfort of their own homes.
When a patient is recovering after surgery or from any major illness, they often require professional medical assistance and home nursing. As mentioned previously, these days numerous health home nursing care providers are available. They offer a wide range of care and support services for those who are recuperating from a stay at the hospital for any illness, are handicapped, suffer from some chronic disease, and are terminally ill.
There are often patients who need assistance even with their basic tasks in everyday life or with medical, nursing, social, or therapeutic care. A key duty of a home health care nurse and caretaker is to keep patients healthy and going in their regular routines. Also, the patients heal considerably much more effectively and quickly when they receive home nursing care as they are far less likely to catch an infection or get readmitted to the hospital.
Who Needs Home Nursing Care Services?
- Elderly people who desire to keep healthy in the comfort and freedom that they get in their homes, with the assistance of trained nursing healthcare assistants yet still have recurring ailments.
- Patients who are going to have surgery in the near future need constant care, monitoring, and support upon returning home from the hospital post-surgery.
- Patients who are undergoing complex procedures to the point that it is necessary to use medical devices and/or for monitoring the drugs the patient.
- Grown-up children who desire to provide their parents with excellent home care
- People having chronic ailments and disabilities require close monitoring as well as supervision but do not wish to live in a nursing home or palliative care facility. Such patients often have ailments like dementia, heart failure, renal disease, or diabetes.
- Newly released patients from the hospital who require short-term therapy and care like the ones they received in the hospital.
- People who are already receiving ambulatory support.
- Patients who are getting palliative treatment as per the direction of their physician.
Types of Home Nursing Care
A patient can obtain a vast variety of home nursing care services there. Home nursing care includes everything from the attention of the nurse to specialised medical treatments depending upon the circumstances of each patient like laboratory workups. Your home nurse care plan and all the services that you might require are decided by you and your doctor.
There are several types of home nursing care services. Some of them are:
1. Speech, occupational, or physical therapy
Facing a sickness or disability, some people require assistance with relearning to carry out their everyday tasks and even with how to hone their speech. Physical therapists can assist a patient with regaining or enhancing the function of their muscles and joints by creating treatment plans suited to their needs. Occupational therapists can assist patients who cannot even carry out their everyday tasks, even the ones as personal as eating, bathing, dressing, and other similar activities. These can arise due to physical, developmental, social, or emotional problems. Someone with poor speech can restore their ability to speak clearly with the help and training from a speech therapist.
2. Nursing care
Depending upon the personal needs of the patient, nursing care is the most common form of home nursing care. A registered nurse creates care plans for the patient post-doctor consultation. Home nursing care involves pain management, drug administration, ostomy care, wound dressing, intravenous treatment, monitoring of the patient’s overall health, and any other medical assistance to the patient if and when required.
3. Doctor care
To identify the ailment and then treat the same, a doctor can see their patients at their home. In addition, he or she can also regularly assess the need for home health care and give suggestions to the caretaker looking after the patient’s home nursing care.
4. Home health assistant
Home health aides can help patients with their everyday activities like assistance with getting into and out of bed, moving about, showering, and clothing. Often, caretakers have obtained specific training to provide the patients with more specialised care while working under the supervision of a nurse.
5. Nutritional assistance
Dietitians can visit their patients to provide nutritional evaluations and recommendations for their treatment plans, depending upon the requirements.
6. Volunteer assistance
Volunteers from neighbourhood groups can offer the basic comfort of home nursing care by assisting them with personal care, giving transportation, offering emotional support, and/or helping with administrative tasks or simply being a companion.
7. Medication services
You can have medical supplies and medication delivered to your doorstep. If needed, the patient will also be provided with instructions on how to operate the equipment, including intravenous treatment, or how to take medications.
8. Elderly Care
The elderly care services we provide are the most compassionate and effective in the industry. We believe in providing personalized care that is tailored to the needs of your loved ones so that they can feel safe, secure, and at home while they are under our care. We also offer services such as medication reminders and support from our caregivers in the event of an emergency.
8 Things To Consider While Choosing Home Nursing Care
- Client’s Needs: Understanding the needs of the clients is a must to whether the home nursing providers have the provision for the required services.
- Qualities Of A Caregiver: The caregiver must be well acquainted with the jobs they are required to perform with every patient undertaken.
- Types Of Services: The quality and variety of services provided by the home nursing care provider.
- Credibility: Taking care of medically ill patients is an important one and asks for professional expertise. Hence, the credibility of home nursing care providers is a must.
- Home Care Agency: It is essential to know whether the nursing care agency has the provision for home services as they are essential to the people looking for these services.
- Care Plan: Always look into the care plans for home nursing care in order to choose the ones that suit you the most out of all the available options.
- Affordability: The home nursing care services being easy on your pocket are the best, aren’t they? Look for the prices as per your budget and affordability.
- Convenience: Whether the home nursing care is as per the requirement of both the patients and their family is an important aspect and should be looked into deeply while selecting the best options.
Most Important Aspects of Care Plans
- Risk for injuries
- Risk for infections
- Risk for slip and falls
- Risk for disturbed sleeping habits
How ProTribe Can Help You?
Taking care of a patient who has just been released from hospital care can be quite exhausting. If the caretaker is working alone at home with the patient, chances are that things can get worse. It is crucial in situations like these to hire the home nursing services of qualified nurses and caretakers who can offer the greatest medical attention and care at home. This is arguable, one of the best ways that guarantee hospital-quality care and therapy to the patient at home during the healing process.
Our nurses provide excellent health and medical treatment directly at home under the home care services in delhi, thanks to their vast and in-depth nursing experience. Our foremost priority is providing excellent service to our patients, their family members, and the elderly, and we strive to do our best to never hold back in this area.
Our competent and knowledgeable caretakers are always there to make sure that the patients who are under their capable supervision receive the finest possible treatment and care. We assure you that there is no need to worry about the associated costs with our well-curated packages just as per your needs wherein there’s full disclosure about our fees and services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Home nursing care is a healthcare service provided at a patient’s home. In this process, a nurse will visit the patient regularly to administer medication, monitor vital signs, provide wound care, and assist with daily living activities. In addition, the physician or personal doctor develops the care plan to address the patient’s specific medical needs.
To avail of home care services in Delhi at home, you can contact your existing healthcare provider or nearby hospitals and clinics. Else, search online for ProTribe Senior in your area. Grab the details online or contact them to enquire and fix an appointment for the best nursing services at home.
Home nursing care services can vary depending on the patient’s needs. However, it generally includes personal care, medication management, vital sign monitoring, wound care, therapy, mobility assistance, meal assistance, housekeeping, errand and transportation assistance, caregiver and family support and hospice and palliative care.
Home nursing care services benefit you for your comfort and convenience, cost-effectiveness, tailored care, continuity of care, independence, family support, access to specialized care, and flexibility. It allows quick recovery at home due to a familiar and comfortable environment, a personalized care plan, committed nursing, and flexible scheduling.
The cost of home nursing service in Delhi can vary depending on several factors, such as the type of care needed, the frequency of visits, and the location of the patient. However, in general, home nursing care is less expensive than inpatient hospital care.
ProTribe Offers home care and home nursing services in all parts of Delhi, whether Old or New Delhi. Also, we provide services in all NCR (National Capital Regions), i.e., Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Ghaziabad and Greater Noida.